"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Vintage stuff from Mother-in-law's house.

Here are the bits and pieces I rescued from MIL's laundry earlier this week. Machine embroidered small cloth.
Two cotton pillowcases with lace ruffles, and one larger item which may be a pillow sham, although it is rather big.
I can't wait to find out what SIL knows about these pillow-slips! I don't think they would have been for her or Ken, as they don't look sixty years old. Perhaps they were for SIL's daughter, who used to sleep over at Nanna's when she was a toddler...30 years ago.
The last of the doilies that have been spread around MIL's house. The sandwich tray doiley has the most gorgeous edge worked in tatting. If SIL doesn't want it, I'll be keeping it!
This is damask, with a crocheted edge on each end. Very nice piece. It was rather badly stained, but after soaking overnight, it has come up well, and would look lovely as a dining table centre.

4 comments:

Jane said...

What stories these pieces would tell if only they could talk!

Faye said...

Hello from NCarolina!! You had comented on my blog my very first entry back in May....I wanted to say thank you and let you know I enjoy reading yours...These vintage pieces are just beautiful You have history in your hands!!
Faye carolinastitcher.blogspot.com

Sherri said...

What treasures you found! All the pieces are lovely, and the little pillow slips are so cute.

Aussie Stitcher said...

I love the damask cloth, just gorgeous. Your teapot table runner turned out wonderful, well done.