"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, October 05, 2007

Close ups of MIL's embroidered treasures.

I love this little treasure! MIL said it might have been to slip napkins in, but I have seen them elsewhere used like this, putting cutlery in the little pocket,
MIL said she remembers enjoying stitching this, until she had to do the border, where the edge had to be folded under twice, then stitched into the spoked edge. She got one and a bit sides done, then gave up!
I was delighted to see this familiar face! I have this tray cloth already embroidered in my collection. It will be fun to stitch this one myself and then perhaps give it to Ken's sister or niece.
These last two look much like the hand embroidered cloths that have been made in Asian countries for years, but MIL said she did these herself. Perhaps they were sold in kit form?

4 comments:

loulee said...

Oh Boy, it's ben a while since I looked in. You have some wonderful new goodies. And a lovely MIL.

Maggie Ann said...

Gina, you have the most wonderful treasures...I love that first one too...with the cutlery in it. I've never seen the like!

Tea said...

These are so pretty. I love embroidered linen.

tea
xo

Aussie Stitcher said...

There are some beautiful pieces in that lot.