"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, June 29, 2007

The Indian is on the move again!

I have been participating in a Better Health Group every Tuesday for six weeks, and each week we create an 'action plan' - a goal to achieve within the coming week. It usually relates to our health goals, i.e. drink 1 litre of water a day, exercise twice daily, walk for 30 minutes daily, and so on. But last week our leader suggested we make our goal something related to a hobby or interest. My first thought was of course stitching, then I had to decide which project. There was nothing I could guarantee to finish within the week, so I chose to work one hour each day on my dear old Indian Chief.
On Tuesday, I worked on it for one hour. On Wednesday, one and a half hours. Thursday I didn't stitch at all, and today I've been stitching on and off all night, stopping for cups of tea, trips to the loo, checking emails, etc. So I guess I've done well over one hour. I can see what I've achieved in four days, but when I look at how much more has to be done to finish it...well, maybe in another year or so? I'll post a photo here next Tuesday to show where I'm at. The last time I posted a pic of him was on May 8th here

No comments: