"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Progress over the past month.


I sometimes wish I could be like other crafty people, and finish one project at a time, instead of having half a dozen on the go at once.  But I'm not, so this is what I have been doing since I last posted here.
I have quilted the four small quilts I posted pictures of last month and they are now waiting for the binding to be done, and that will be soon, as once I get this close to finishing a quilt, I dislike seeing them lying around unfinished.
I finally got my Australia cross stitch framed, and am happy with the way it looks on the wall in our lounge room.


In spite of those four quilts waiting for their binding, I started making blocks for another quilt yesterday!  I had been browsing Jenny's tutorials on the Missouri Star Quilt company You tube channel, and discovered one on making a quilt using men's ties.  This one was much easier than the small quilt I made earlier this year which involved a lot  of cutting and sewing of the individual ties.
Jenny simply cut short her ties and stitched them onto a background using an old shirt.  How  easy is that!  Had all these done in two days.  I don't know when I will get around to joining them up, as I have decided to add another row, but it was such fun, and I have now used up nearly all the ties I had in my stash - and that's got to be good!



I've also being doing a bit of cross stitch, trying to finish some of my very old UFOs, but that is slow going due to my arthritic hands.  Never mind, I'll get there one day.


6 comments:

Jane said...

The cross stitch is looking good, well done on getting it finished. The tie quilt will look good too, made me smile

Sharon said...

Goodness you have been busy - you are far more productive than I am with your sewing... Your projects look great...
Take care my lovely x x

Cheryl said...

I have a Womans Weekly Decimal currancy table cloth fully embroidered but not hemmed. Never used. Are you interested.

Gina E. said...

Thank you Cheryl, I think you are the same lady who emailed me direct? I already have the decimal currency cloth in my collection.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Love your Australia cross stitch! So pretty and the tie quilt is just charming! Like you........I often want to do several things at once and do not get them all finished.
I can relate to hurting hands and fingers. Treat yourself good!

Nick Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.