"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, August 19, 2019

Three small quilts finished.

Finally finished three of those small quilts.  The fourth one still has to be quilted, because the backing was not one piece of fabric - I  had to join two pieces to make it large enough, so that has delayed the process.  But that is done now and the three layers are ready to  be quilted.  In the meantime:

The kookaburra quilt has a binding of dark brown.  Maybe I should have added another border on to the light green, as it looks kind of unfinished to me, but too late now.


   Am very happy with the parrots quilt.  I was going to donate this to the Avicultural Society for their Christmas raffle, but might make another one because I want to keep this one for us!

I had run out of the red fabric, which I would have liked to use for the binding on this, so I used a dark green instead, which picks up the dark green in one of the block fabrics.

2 comments:

Jane said...

well done Gina, always feels good to get a finish or three

selina said...

beautiful quilts!
thanx for sharing