"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, March 04, 2016

Slow progress on the Handkie quilt.

I chose a toned blue fabric for the sashing and have started cutting the strips.  When I laid the blocks out on the floor again with some sashing strips between, I was quite happy with the look.  But I am still undecided about how many handkie squares to use - will I use them all and make a bigger quilt?  Ken says the darker handkies drown out the lighter floral ones, and I tend to agree, although once I have sashing between all of them, it might look better.  I have enough handkies to make a brighter coloured small quilt and a light one.  I'm going to take the lot to the Quilt shop on Friday morning and get them to put the blocks on their quilt wall where we can move them around to see what looks best.  I don't have the space to hang a flannel sheet anywhere at home, otherwise I would do it myself.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Having the time to move the blocks around and have a look at it makes a big difference. I'm sure you will come up with a layout that you'll be happy with