"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Additions to my vintage linen collection.

I just happened to drop into an antiques market the other day....well, it wasn't quite like that.  I had passed it several times when Ken was driving, so I had to find a time to go there on my own!  There were a few linens, mostly whitework and crochet - on display, and I asked the lady in charge if she had any more.  She took me to a chest of drawers and opened it to reveal piles of embroidered cloths and doilies!  I didn't have time to look at everything, and she didn't have time to pull the whole lot out and show them to me, but she riffled through them quickly and four items caught my eye.

A machine embroidered supper cloth with roosters - just had to have that, even though I don't strictly collect machine embroidery.  A breakfast traycloth, and a doiley featuring Scottish dancers, which is a great match for a tablecloth that I have had for a while.  AND a fantastic find - a patchwork boot done in crazy patchwork!  I wish I knew how old this is, or where it came from!   All these items for a total of $28. :-)







On my way back home I stopped at the opshop to drop off some things I have had in my car for months.  I shouldn't have stayed to look around, but this cross stitch kit caught my eye, and in spite of swearing off cross stitch in favour of stitchery and patchwork, this rooster found his way home with me!  Sigh....


3 comments:

emme rose legacy said...

all lovely pieces

Jane said...

that boot looks amazing

Liz in Kansas said...

I agree - that boot is great! I don't think I've seen anything like it before. Your collection is amazing, too.