"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Second memory quilt finished.

We are having lunch with our friends M and L tomorrow, and I simply had to get this little quilt finished tonight to give them.  As I explained earlier on this blog, I was going to make one memory quilt for their 25th wedding anniversary, but I made a mistake when I bought too many fabrics with the travel theme that they wanted, and the colours didn't match.  So I ended up making two small quilts which can be used as a throw over the back of a couch, or wall hanging, or just on a table.  I posted photos of the first one here a month or so ago, and here is the second one.
The front is basic four patch in two colours with photos in the centre, alternating with travel theme fabric.

The back is one length of fabric with vintage architectural drawings of French buildings.  Very hard to photograph,  and it is a lot more interesting than it looks here.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Love that fabric you've used for the backing. Such a personalised gift, it's brilliant