"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, July 11, 2013

What I've been doing.

My dear friend Connie did come over on Tuesday as planned, and showed me how to put the walking foot on my sewing machine.  She took a few minutes to figure it out, but once she had it in place, she showed me how to do it, and suggested I take some closeup photos with my camera to look back on if I forget.  Once the foot was on, I got going on Ken's quilt, with advice and encouragement from Connie.  We had  lots of other things to talk about on the day, but I got most of the quilting done, and now only have to finish the binding.

Photo will be on here as soon as  that's done - and it has to be done very soon, Ken instructed me.  It is soooo cold at night lately and he has been sitting up watching the Tour de France thing, and even with the gas fire on, it is still chilly just sitting around.  I'm dreading the next few days when our roof is replaced - the whole roof has to be taken off, new insulation put in, and the new roof put on.  It can't possibly be done in one day, and although they tell us the areas without roofing will be covered in case it rains....brrrrrr!!!

I was looking at patterns in magazines to make a cover for my machine (even though it's got a hard case, the handle at the top is an open area and dust will get in there if I leave it as it is), and not being able to find anything that looked relatively easy, I googled the topic, and found dozens of You Tube tutorials.  One in  particular looked very easy, and I made up my cover (lined and padded!) in a couple of hours!  I'll post a photo of that when I finish Ken's quilt.

Finally, I've done some more cross stitch on my Peacock sampler and again, will take a photo soon.
That's my week's sewing!

2 comments:

Christine M said...

Hi Gina. I'm so pleased you are finally making use of your new machine. I'm looking forward to the pictures to see what you've been up to!

Jane said...

lots for us to look forward to. Hope the roof replacement goes without a hitch.