"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Thank you dear Bloggy friends!

Awww....I love being part of this crafty blogging community - you are all so kind.  Thanks for your understanding comments on the previous post.  I know that you have all gone through those 'flat' patches now and then, and it is comforting to know that you're not on your own when it happens.

Today I was tidying up stuff, and found a patchwork square that I'd made up last year when I was making a quilt top for Aussie Heroes.  The fabric had pictures of Australian birds on it, and there was just enough left over to make a little table topper for myself.  I'd pieced it, but gone no further, so today I put the backing on and finished it off.  Just a little start in the right direction!  Sadly I can't post a photo because my computer is still not working, and I can't post photos on the blog from Ken's laptop because it would mean putting the photos on his laptop, and I don't know how to do that.  Ken's not about to teach me either!!   Never mind, the photos will keep.  I'm just lucky I can keep posting text to my blogs on the laptop...but I do HATE this keyboard :-(

Another thing I did was to pull out the plastic bag full of ties that have been accumulating over the past year.  My disabled friend Helen enjoys sitting with me and deconstructing ties over a cuppa, so I took the bag around to her place yesterday and we spent a couple of hours sitting outside in the sun, pulling ties to bits and chatting.  When I got home, I washed all the fabrics and hung them out to dry, which they did in about an hour.   I had time to bring them in and iron them before going to bed.  Today I sorted them all out and packed them away with the other deconstructed ties, ready to use in patchwork projects.  It got me all enthused again, so I've got some ties out ready to make some more CQ blocks to complete last  year's CQ block challenge which only got as far as August...

No comments: