"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, January 19, 2013

A fabulous table cloth is now mine!

Remember that decimal currency cloth I wrote about last year, that someone showed me while my linen collection was over at Bundoora?  I posted a plea on my blogs for anyone to contact me if they ever found one of those cloths.  Well, my prayers were answered!  A bloggy friend who works at an opshop a few suburbs away, contacted me late last year to tell me that the decimal currency cloth had turned up at their opshop.   It was in excellent condition and beautifully embroidered, and the manager wanted to price it at $100.  My friend told her that was a ridiculous price for a small cloth no matter how good it was, especially for an opportunity shop.  She managed to persuade her boss to sell it to me for $50, and she brought it over to me on Friday.   Dammit, not being able to post photos here!!!!  The cloth is absolutely gorgeous - well worth $50, and it is in much better condition than the other two I'd seen, so I am glad I wasn't able to persuade those ladies to part with their cloths!

5 comments:

Jane said...

Patience has been rewarded, now you can spend plenty of time admiring it

Linens and Royals said...

Amazing that such a rare cloth turned up at an op shop. You are very lucky to be able to buy such a good one so quickly. Hope you can show some pics. soon. Sylvia

Melody said...

I'm really looking forward to catching up with you and hopefully Christine and I will get to see your new treasure too.

Christine M said...

How wonderful Gina. It's lucky you had a friend in the right place at the right time. With the added bonus of getting the price down for you. Looking forward to seeing it when Mel and I catch up with you.

Joy V said...

Wonderful Gina. Patience pays off.