"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Art quilts

Janet Mathews, a textile artist who used to live nearby, gave two of her hand worked art quilts to me before she moved house. She intended to give them to someone else, but apparently the person didn't want them, so she said they may as well go to the opshop. I said I would probably keep them myself rather than have them being sold for much less than what they are worth, and she didn't mind if I kept them. I don't know what I will do with them yet, but if ever I have enough wall space they will be hung up on display.

The centre of this one is sewn with gold sequins, which are a bit hard to see on the photo.  There is a huge amount of work in these quilts, which are both fully hand quilted.



Close up showing the hand quilting.

The back of the second quilt.

1 comment:

Moonofsilver said...

those are some of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen! wow, the colors!