"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tea Cosy Tales at Bundoora Homestead.


I had a free afternoon yesterday, so it was a good opportunity to drive over to Bundoora and see the Tea Cosy festival.  The organisers were happy for me to take photos, and they said that half the cosies had already been sold and taken away.  There were about 500 cosies donated!  Mine weren't the only patchwork cosies - there were quite a few others among all the knitted ones, as well as embroidered ones.  I might go back before they finish on the 27th, and if any of the ones that I liked are still there, I will buy one.  The ones I liked are all about $25 to $30, but it's for a good cause.
 I was tempted to buy one or two - love the owls on the blue spots fabric!




I

2 comments:

Liz in Kansas said...

As someone who doesn't do "tea time" I am amazed at the idea of hundreds of tea cosies! In the U.S. we tend to take our tea one cup at a time. What a wonderful opportunity for stitching, though. I wonder if I can convince any of my neighbors?

Joanne said...

That must have been very enjoyable to see all those cosies close-up. BTW, I think $25-$30 is a fair price to pay for a handcrafted item. We crafters know that materials are not cheap and quite a bit of time goes into the work.