"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tartan quilt top finished.

Thank goodness for that! When I first started this quilt top I thought I would have it done in a week or so, because the pattern is quite simple. But I kept stuffing up measurements, and it has ended up a lot bigger than what I'd planned - it is supposed to be a single bed quilt but look at it here on our Queen size bed! Still, if it goes to a man or boy who is on the tall side, he'll have plenty to tuck in at night.

I keep a record of the details of my quilt tops - how much fabric I used and how it was cut up. Yes I do follow patterns, but as all quilters know, sometimes things can change...So if I decided to make this one again, it won't take as long. But I've got some other quilt patterns I want to try using the tartan fabrics, so this one won't be repeated for a while, if at all.

5 comments:

Jane said...

It's turned out really well, I like it, and I am sure the extra size will be appreciated

Doreen G said...

It looks fabulous Gina--well done.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

It looks wonderful, Gina ... love the tartan fabrics, and using them in the border just looks great. I love the white sashing, too.

Joanne said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see what else you have in mind for tartans & plaids.

DIAN said...

I love the idea of using tartains for a more masculine look.