"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, November 14, 2011

It's all happening!

It has been a busy few weeks. I've got my exhibits in the car ready to go to Lilydale tomorrow. Bundoora Art Centre has asked me if I would do a talk on my linens while they are on display, and I said yes, I'd love to. Then they asked me to write up two introduction paragraphs on myself for their 2012 brochure - one for the display, and one for the talk. When I told the co-ordinator about my blogs, she asked if they could use that in the brochure as well, but I didn't think it would be appropriate. However, I offered to create a new blog specifically for the Homestead exhibition, with just my Australian linens on it, and she said that would be great. So I spent today ironing cloths, pegging them on the clothesline, taking a photo, then running back inside for the next lot! You can see this new blog here, but it's got a lot to be added to it, so you will have to come back later on to see the finished blog.
Statewide Sewing Centre left a message on my phone. My machine is fixable, at a cost of $185 which includes a full service. Apparently a 'key' was broken. Ken knew what that meant, and seemed to think it was a reasonable price to pay. They promised it would be ready this coming week. I hope so; I feel like I've lost an arm without it on the table in my sewing room!

2 comments:

Jane said...

good news to hear it's fixable, hopefully you'll be reunited before too long.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Glad your machine is fixable at a reasonable price. Looking forward to catching up tomorrow. Take care, Connie