"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Two UFO finishes.

"Finished" is not strictly correct, as these two items still have to have some kind of border and backing on them, but at least the cross stitching is complete. This round robin sampler has been hanging around since 2003, and I am so pleased to see it out of my WIP basket! This is the sampler that will have a border of Aboriginal design fabric. I've got that out on my desk, ready to go, so hopefully I'll get it done this weekend.
I started these chooks on a whim a year or so ago, because I just love the design. I don't know what I'll do with it yet. Once I attach a border it could be a placemat, or maybe part of a larger wall hanging with other patchwork and stitchery projects using chooks and roosters. Time will tell.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Great to have two more things finished. Can't wait to see the first one done with it's borders, sounds lovely

Aussie Stitcher said...

I hope you find the time to finish off the RR, looking forward to seeing it. The chooks are cute and a great idea to do more and make a wall hanging.