"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here they are!

With the trimmings (ric rac, lace, ribbons) machined on: Rough edges trimmed: (Hey! Where did that rubber band come from?) OK Annie and Jane - you are two of my most imaginative and creative cyberspace buddies - what would you do with these priceless objects d'art? In the book where I found this idea, it suggests making a journal using these to decorate the front cover. I'm not into journal making...I've got enough journal-type books to write and draw in to last me for many years. The other idea was to decorate a tote bag. Yep. Got heaps of them too. But I have a few denim and calico bags that could be prettied up. Hmmm....food for thought. It was a fun process though, whatever I end up doing with them. Now back to those cross stitch UFOs...

3 comments:

Annie said...

Very cool, Gina. I can't really tell how big these are. But I can see using parts of them for some cross stitch smalls, like ornaments. You would mount the x-stitch on top and the quilting would act as the 'frame' or 'mat' before the final finishing. Or maybe pieces could be used to embellish a wooden storage box, decorating the top or sides or even the lining. I'm just kind of thinking as I go here. I know what you mean about being up to your ears in journals and tote bags!

Jane said...

Glad Annie got in before me, lol. As I was looking at the pictures I was wondering what you were going to do with then. I think they would also make good backings to ornaments, or needlecases

Gina E. said...

Thanks Annie and Jane! Sorry I didn't think of giving the measurements, Annie. They are both about 13 inches long, and 4 inches wide. I've tucked them away with the ribbon lace thingy I made a while ago. I'll find something to do with them one day!