"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Craft & Quilt Fair, Melbourne

Sharon and I spent all day at the Craft & Quilt Fair yesterday (Friday). We arrived there well before 9 am so we got the early bird parking rates for $10 for the day, instead of nearly $30 if we'd arrived after 9. It was a good start to a great day. We strolled up and down the aisles looking at all the stalls not once, but several times during the day, as we'd break our walking to attend workshops, stop for coffee, and later, lunch. We also had a look at the fantastic quilts on display; they just get better every year! I didn't take my camera this year, as it was just one more thing to carry when I knew I was going to be buying a few items, and decided not to take any extras this year. Sharon took some photos with her mobile phone, so I'm hoping she'll break her silence on her blog and post some of them!
Ken asked the obvious question when he got home - did I buy anything and did I spend much? Oh yes I bought some things, and yes I spent a fair bit... I showed him some of the fat quarters I'd bought (the chook ones because I figured he'd like those) as well as some Aussie themed fabrics. I didn't show him the other goodies (patchwork tools of various kinds among them) because he wouldn't know what they are for, and would probably think (rightly so) that they were expensive. It's just as well I'm the Keeper of the Purse in our household, and he doesn't see credit card statements...
Anyway, once I get my computer back (next week hopefully), I will photograph my stash and you can see what I bought. I'm just ITCHING to use everything!! This morning Sharon and I are taking our unwanted stash to the Guild's Paddy's Market, where I hope to recoup some funds to allay my expenses yesterday. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

zetor said...

Looking forward to seeing the photos, sounds like a good day.

Jane said...

I remember days out like that with my mum, lol. You'll have fun putting it all to good use