"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, January 30, 2009

A new fabric postcard, and a unique sampler.

Before I show off my new postcard, I want to tell my readers here about a neat sampler that one of my blog pals has recently completed. It is made up of different stitches of "Chicken Scratch" - you know, the one you do on gingham. I've always loved this style of embroidery - simple, rustic, country, whatever you think - it reminds me of the aprons my mother wore, and the little supper cloths she and her friends had in their linen cupboards. Jane (Miss 376) has made this sampler - go to her blog here to have a look!
OK, now for my latest postcard! I was delighted to receive this today from Janny in The Netherlands as a one to one exchange. Due to my circumstances at home right now, I'm behind in my stitching commitments, but I have all the bits to get going - I just need the time to do it!

2 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

Gina, this is just wonderful...I love it!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I really love this. It has so much charm! Just lovely. blessings,Kathleen