"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Craft & Quilt Fair.

Apart from admiring the Quilt Show, Cheryl and I spent time on every stall at the Fair, even those that featured crafts that neither of us do, such as scrapbooking and other paper crafts, knitting, quilting, egg decorating, calligraphy (one of my hobbies, but very rarely have time to do much), etc. Today we were focussing on embroidery and cross stitch and this year there was a lot more stalls featuring them than the last time I'd been. There were a few stalls selling craft books and magazines and I lashed out with the faithful Mastercard and bought two cross stitch books...as if I need any more! A lady standing next to me had just bought some books, and I wondered out loud just how much of the material that was sold at these exhibitions is ever made up. I guessed about 30% would actually be used. She turned to me and said "It doesn't matter about doing. It's HAVING the stuff that is important." I agreed!
Here is today's stash (mine that is - Cheryl had much more control than me!)
The two Cross Stitch Books: A cross stitch pattern for a Peacock. The kit included red floss, but I would rather use a peacock blue/green colour, so I just purchased the pattern. Fat Quarter with aboriginal art design. Pam, if you're reading this, I bought this for you. Thought you might like to play with a completely different design!
Three nifty little jiggers to keep the floss sorted when working on one project. I know a lot of girls already have this kind of thing, but I haven't seen them in shops before, so I snapped them up. The yellow bag underneath was a freebie that everyone received with their entrance ticket. All the more incentive to buy stuff, when you're given a bag to carry it in! At the same stand, I bought two glass coasters (not in the photo) - the kind that come apart so you can insert a piece of stitching to show. Cheryl snapped me in the cafe, one leg up on a chair, flaked out after 3 hours walking around!

4 comments:

Pear tree cottage! said...

Now there is a smile I know!

You do look like you had a lovely day Gina.

Lee-ann

loulee said...

Glad you enjoyed your day, enjoy your stash!

The Lone Beader® said...

I get tired walking around those types of places, too... but they're so much fun:)

Maggie Ann said...

How fun!!!! Even fun times end up in some degree or another of fatigue..but oh how worth it...grin. Enjoyed your pictures and especially the one of you..