"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, June 05, 2021

Updates to be done.

 Well,  I suppose I can be grateful that the Blogger admin saw fit to reinstate my first post for the year, but I'm sure there were more since then.  I'll have to go through my photos on my computer and re post the ones of projects I've been working on since then.  

In the meantime, here is a quilt that I finished today.  One of my brothers died in April, and I asked his wife if she would like me to make a quilt for her, using Bryan's shirts.  She doesn't do any kind of craft herself, but loves to see what I've made, so she thought my suggestion was lovely.  I used two of Bryan's flannelette shirts and a pair of flannel pyjamas, and  I used an old flannelette sheet for the backing.  The wadding is made from old fleece tracksuit pants that I was going to throw out, until I figured out if I cut them up and sewed the pieces together, there would be enough to fill a quilt!  I am so pleased with the way it turned out - not just the design, but how warm it will be for my SIL to cuddle into on a cold night while she is reading or watching t.v.



1 comment:

Jane said...

Sorry to hear about your brother Gina. That quilt is gorgeous, I'm sure it will be loved and appreciated