"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, June 05, 2021

The first half of 2021.

 Okay, maybe I'm wrong, and hadn't posted anything since the first post for 2021.  This is all I could find on  my 2021 projects folder!  Admittedly I have done a lot of sketching, painting, colouring in and reading this year so far, but I really thought I'd done more sewing!

The cross stitch below is a kit that has been in a cupboard along with others for many years.  I pulled it out this year to be included in the Home Makers UFO monthly challenge.  Technically, it wasn't a UFO as it hadn't been started, but our little group isn't fussy about technicalities, LOL.


I made the mug rug below for my Bowen therapist, who had given me one of her business cards, which you can see tucked behind the mug rug.  When I saw the card I said to Kathy "Oh!  I have some fabric with gum leaves on it just like that.  Would you like me to make something for you?"  She was delighted with it, and said she has it in her office where her patients can see it :-)




This is the tiger cross stitch wall hanging which I finished after I posted a pic of the unfinished article in January.  The back is a piece of fabric with wild cats over it - leopards I think, not tigers. 


This is not a good photo as the quilt top was on the clothes line and half of it is in the sun, and half in the shade.  I have the backing and batting ready to finish it, and when that's done, I'll take a better pic.  The fabric was a fat quarter pack of a pattern called Aussie Christmas, but you can't see anything clearly enough here to understand why it was called that!  Anyway, you can see the design which was from a collection of postcards that our Quilt Shop sells, giving basic instructions for a quilt on one side, and a photo of the finished item on the front.  

2 comments:

Jane said...

That tiger is amazing! Looks great as the centrepiece of a quilt

Pam said...

You've been impressively busy!