"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, January 04, 2020

Australian bush fires

I have had an email from a fellow blogger in the USA who is concerned for my well being, after watching the news featuring the bushfires here, so I decided to write a quick post to assure the readers of this blog that Ken and I are safe where we are, although nothing is guaranteed.  We are in an outer suburb of Melbourne, which has a lot of trees and bush on most properties, so there is  a remote chance that if a bushfire started in a nearby park or large block of land, it is possible for it to move on to residential areas, depending on the strength and direction of the wind. 

The reason for my lack of posts on this blog since October is because I found out that my bladder cancer had returned, and I needed treatment, and right after that, Ken got sick and had to have his gall bladder removed.  So I haven't had much time for stitching or quilting!

Thanks for caring, and I will be back here with an update at a later stage. 

3 comments:

Maddy said...

So glad to hear you are safe. wishing both you and Ken our prayers and hope all goes well for you both in 2020.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Gina, I am so sorry to hear of your cancer struggle and of your husband's illness. Prayers being said for both of you! I am just heartsick to watch what Australia is going through as well as so many other people in the U.S. Keeping you and Australia covered in prayer.
Hope you start to feel stronger and better soon and that the fires will soon die out.
Blessings, Kathleen

Pam said...

So glad to hear that you're safe but sorry to hear about your illness. I hope that's it fixed now. I miss reading your news! (I'm Pam, used to be "Isabelle" from Scotland.)