"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Back to cross stitching

My quilting has come to a temporary standstill, as the September Quilt shop class was cancelled due to lack of numbers (school holidays), and I was going to pin the backing and wadding on two quilt tops that night.  Hopefully I will do that and more in two weeks time when the next class is scheduled.  Much easier to do it there on their big tables instead of messing around here at home.

I've been focussing on catching up with some embroidery and cross stitch UFOs, and am very pleased with myself for getting so much done on these baby Lorikeets.  I've had the kit for years, it is only a small picture, but so many colours are in it and on 18ct aida too, so after I did a small bit when I first got the kit, I put it aside for something easier at the time :-(

I have been very tempted to drop it at the opshop, but it was one of the Challenge projects on the Home Makers Forum this year, and after doing a bit more work on it, I decided it was worth keeping, so this is where I am at now.  Only the branch, birds feet and tails to go.

3 comments:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I felt the same as you when I was doing the dolphin cross stitch I mentioned in my post. Yours looks so pretty and colorful.........and you have gotten so much done! It will be beautiful when you are finished. Hope your quilt class starts up soon so that you can get your two quilts finished! Keep on stitching!

Jane said...

I haven't done cross stitch for ages! You'll be really pleased when it's done, it'll be worth it :)

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hello again, Check out my blog before Nov. 18th. There is a "contest" I have linked for bloggers who like crochet, knit,embroider and more that you might like to enter.
You always do such lovely work!