"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, May 05, 2019

Denim patchwork quilt.

I have been buying up denim jeans from opshops for a few years, to make things that I've seen on the Net such as tote bags, pot holders, coasters, place mats, etc.  Once I'd done all those, I still had a lot of denim left over, and after seeing one on Pinterest, I decided to make a small quilt with the remaining denim.  I liked this idea of simple squares sewn together and quilted by topstitching.  There is no wadding as the denim is thick enough, and the backing is a piece of fleece that I had in my stash.  The binding was an old plaid shirt.
It is lap quilt size, and someone suggested that I use it as a floor mat at the kitchen sink.  No way!  I know it looks rough and ready, but I already have rubber mats at my kitchen sink which are made for the purpose!

2 comments:

Jane said...

It looks good. I did the boys a throw, love seeing all the different colour denim in it

Meow (aka Connie) said...

The denim quilt looks awesome. I've been collecting my old jeans, in the hope of doing the same thing one day !! One day is taking forever, though !!