"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, October 19, 2018

Lap quilts gratefully received.

Linda Steele commented on my post about the last lot of quilts I had completed, and remarked that I was doing well to finish five quilts!   I think I need to remind readers of this blog that I only make SMALL quilts - baby or lap size!  They don't take long to whip up.  Well, a couple of weeks for each one, although if I lived on my own and had nothing else to do, I could probably finish one in a day.  But I don't, so it takes a bit longer, lol!

I delivered those five to Liscombe House earlier this week and the staff and residents alike were delighted.  I suspect they thought after the first lot that I wouldn't be back so soon, if at all, but there I was :-)   The Activities co-ordinator asked me if I would be prepared to make a larger (as in single bed size) quilt for their Christmas raffle and I said I would be happy to do that.  I will make the top, then take it to Jenny Jamieson who has done such a great job on quilting all my other 'big' quilts, to do the quilting.  I have just made a Christmas quilt top for myself, which is going to be a table cover rather than a quilt, as I've used very thin wadding to give it some body without needing warmth.

I still have heaps of Christmas themed fabric, so this new project will give me the chance to use a lot of it up!  Mandy wants it by the end of November, and if I made a start soon, it shouldn't be a problem.

3 comments:

DbrhH. said...

Yay Gina. Probably won't be long and we will be starting on our Christmas (raffle) quilt.

Pam said...

Good for you. You're a very kind person.

Pamela Kellogg said...

OMG Gina, everything you've been doing is so beautiful!!! And this one is just lovely!