"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

What I have achieved in July.

 Lap quilt top made up from a bundle of fat quarters given to me years ago.


 Two lap quilts made up using a bundle of green and white fat quarters given to me.  All I had to buy was the dark green solid fabric, and the pale green for the borders.

 After I'd made the two tops from the green and white FQs I had enough left over to make a table runner for myself!

  Lap quilt top made from kimono fabrics left over from the larger quilt I made last year.  I'm using the remaining scraps to cut into strips for the binding.  Should be a nice lap quilt for a bloke.

 Tote bag made for my partner in the Tote bag swap on the Home Makers Forum.  I'm not into making bags from scratch, so I just machined a piece of patchwork fabric on to a ready made charity bag.

 Strawberry coaster.  One of the members on the HM forum provided a link to this pattern, and it took me about 15 minutes to cut it out and put it together!

More coasters.  The top right coaster is made from some peacock fabric scraps that were given to me by one of the quilters at a group I go to.  I made this as a thank you - he was pleased with it!
The others are just from scraps I had around while I was doing the peacock one; I get on a roll when I do those coasters, they are so quick and easy, and make great little impromptu gifts.

1 comment:

Jane said...

you've had a productive month :)