"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Doiley quilt update

Forgot to mention on the previous post, that my doiley quilt has now been quilted and looks absolutely sensational.  I just need to do the binding, then it will be ready to take to the Austin hospital to see if they want it.  I will show it to my late friend's husband first though, as I think he would be happy to see some of Denise's doiley collection put to good use instead of being hidden away in drawers for years.  I will post a photo here once the binding has been added.

I am dying to make another of these quilts for myself, as I have so many doilies that are languishing in my collection room unseen.   Now that I've made one such quilt, I know what is involved, and because it was such fun to create, I won't be putting it off for years!  But I need to get a few more lap quilts done for my aged care ladies before I do anything else for myself. 

No comments: