"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Using up leftover Japanese fabrics

I really should make more of an effort to keep this blog up to date!  I will be picking up some vintage linens from a friend next week, all going well, so there may be something worth posting here then.  In the meantime, I have made two table runners, or mats, with the fabric left over after I made my Japanese quilt.
This one will be going to Aiko, my friend in Japan who sent me the fabric last year.


These photos were taken on different days, hence the difference in tones.  The second photo shows the colours of the fabrics much better.  It will be a runner for the coffee table in our lounge room, and will complement the quilt which is on the couch nearby.  I still have to put the backing on it and bind it, and plan to use the same binding as in the first photo, as I have just enough fabric left to do it!

4 comments:

DbrhH. said...

I could do this if I really wanted. Both look simple enough. Pretty colours.

Linda Steele said...

I absolutely love the second one, it has a very up to date look about it.

Jane said...

both look really striking, great way to show off the fabrics

Maddy said...

Love both gives me incentive to use up left over fabric.