"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Gallery of photos blog.

I have long wanted to have a blog or website of some kind with photos of my patchwork and stitching.  No comments or anything else, just a gallery.  Kathleen at Yesteryear Embroideries  recently started a gallery blog of her own work and when I emailed her she explained how she set it up on Blogger.  So I have started one for my work, but it isn't quite what I want yet, as I want to put captions on each photo and haven't been able to figure out how to do that yet.  I thought I had, but when I'd finished typing, I refreshed the page and it still appeared with no text..grrr.
Anyway if you want to have a look, here is the link.
http://patracatstitchingallery.blogspot.com.au/
 There is nothing there that you haven't seen before on this blog, but it is condensed down to simple pictures.

5 comments:

selina said...

it looks like a great idea! all your photos of your works in one place
another place is pinterest, though i haven't worked out how to link my blog to mine yet ...
thanx for sharing

DbrhH. said...

oh wow, looking good, and such a great idea. Has me thinking.................

Gina E. said...

Selina, I have seen other people post their own work or collection of linens on Pinterest, but while it would get a bigger audience, I don't feel it is the right avenue for me. I did start up a category on my Pinterest account for some of my finished projects, but this gallery is something that I want to eventually put on all the stitching and patchwork I've ever done (that is, what I have photographed), and it is going to take a long time because I have to lift a lot of photos from my blog.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi Gina, I just post the caption on the title part of the blog post and post the photo. The caption shows up that way. I hope it works for you. I will go see your gallery!

Pam said...

I looked at your gallery and, on my computer anyway, when I clicked on a photo, thinking to enlarge it, all the pictures appeared in a long strip, with captions. So they're there somewhere!

Very impressive oeuvre!