Saturday, April 02, 2016
Easter Bunny table mat finished.
To finish this off, I added some bunny braid which had been sitting my stash for years. The green fabric for the borders and back was left over from another project last year.
I just posted a pic to my apron blog here of an apron I have made for a swap on the Down To Earth Forum, if anyone is interested.
My handkie quilt top is finished and waiting to be taken to a professional quilter, hopefully next week. The UFO quilt has come to a standstill at the moment, because I am too lazy to continue making up all the little blocks left over from the Flying Geese blocks. I have a stack of them which all need to be trimmed down to 2"square, and after doing a dozen I thought, no way, this has got whiskers on it (meaning it's too much trouble to keep going!). And there aren't enough to go all around the quilt once they have been trimmed, so it means I would have to cut more fabric up to make more HSTs. So I am just going to put another border on it, then finish it. I am not really concerned about the end result, as it was just somebody else's UFO that I took on as an experiment, and while I have learned from it, the novelty has worn off and I want to move on to other things!
Posted by Gina E.