"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Pin cushion and Needlecase completed.

I made this pair of sewing accessories for Joy, my swap partner on the Down To Earth forum craft thread. We were asked to make anything in blue or lavender/purple tones. It could be paper, knitting, sewing, or whatever, and I chose a combination of felt and fabric. I used a pattern called "Lilac Love", by Val Laird, who is one of my favourite needlecraft designers. I have heaps of her patterns earmarked in my magazine stash, but this is only the second one I've made. The pattern was for three items - the pincushion, needlecase and scissor fob, but I ran out of time before I got to the scissor fob. I don't think Joy will mind ;-)

Val's original design had little stitcheries in the centre of her items, but I was lazy, and just used a polka dot felt instead.  The dark purple is felt, and I stitched lazy daisies around the edge, and added beads in the centres on the pin cushion but not the needlecase (me  being lazy again), so to make up for my tardiness I added a little gold thimble button to the needlecase.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Gina, Those are really cute. I love Val's designs. Thanks for stopping by my blog and thank you for your kind words.

Linda said...

Wow, Gina, these are gorgeous and I love the colour!

Jane said...

They're both very pretty, I am sure they'll be much appreciated