"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, May 25, 2015

Tote bag, Bee fabric.

A member of the Down to Earth forum posted a request last week, asking if anybody had a particular issue of Patchwork & Stitching magazine, as she was after a certain pattern.  I found it in my collection of P & S mags, and emailed her to ask if she wanted the magazine or just a copy of the pattern.  She said a copy would be fine, so once I'd done that I was about to put the mag back on the shelf, but decided to leave it out for a while.  The pattern T. had asked for was a cat silhouette on a totebag, and I had it earmarked to do 'one day'.  Well, no time like the present, so I pulled out one of the many promotional bags that I keep for redecorating, found some fabrics in my stash, and an hour later:  too easy!
 
Below is a photo of some fabric I bought last week at Darn Cheap Fabrics in Heidelberg.  I only bought half a metre, and have no idea what I will do with it, but I thought it would be useful for embellishing projects.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I love to see that you've become re-invigorated for crafting. Sometimes you never know where the inspiration will come from. Someone just had to point you to that cute kitty!

Jane said...

Love the cats, so simple but very effective

Unknown said...

Well done Gina. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your bee material. Thanks for sharing.

selina said...

also a cat lover, tigers are my favourite & all domestics
love all those 'cat' projects too
glad you are back & at it again, hope your hubby is well too

thanx for sharing