"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Works in progress.

I've been working on/playing with a variety of projects lately. I'm half way through another quilt for the PNG Quilt Collective, but have also been doing some cross stitching on the Peacock Sampler and simple backstitch on the Possum. It depends where I am at the time of stitching - I do the possum in waiting rooms because I don't have to refer to the pattern while stitching over drawn lines on calico.
I cross stitch the Peacock when I'm on duty at the Guild because I'm sitting in one spot for a long time, and can have the pattern spread out in front of me without it being disturbed. The quilt top is sitting on top of the sewing machine patiently waiting...

But all of a sudden I had an urge to make something cute in felt. This generally happens when I see a pattern in a magazine, or if I pick up one of my felt cuteness books to look at. So this is what I made yesterday. I love felt because it is so easy to work with - cut into shapes and sew together!
It is supposed to be a mobile phone case, but as I don't have a smart phone, I'll use it for something else, or I'll give it to my grand-niece for her birthday next week.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Gina your felt project is so cute! I just love it.

I haven`t been around because my husband is ill, but I do try to keep up with your blogs. I made it a point this week to make time for myself, so I sew at least a half hour every day.

Have a nice weekend,
Cathy

Linens and Royals said...

Cuteness is hard to resist, sometimes we have to drop everything and stitch some cute. Sylvia

Jane said...

What a lovely hedgehog! It can be fun having lots of projects to choose from, lol, I should know!

DIAN said...

How sweet - love working with felt.