"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, September 16, 2013

Some stitching done today.

It's been a while since I've spent hours stitching in a hospital waiting room, as Ken has been keeping away from hospitals as much as he can!  But today he had cataract surgery, and had to be at the Eye & Ear Hospital at 7 am.  His procedure didn't start until about 11 am, so that meant about 3 hours stitching time for me, allowing for a coffee break and a walk around the block.
I decided to take a simple one colour stitchery project with me, as it is easier to sit and sew without having to change threads and consult a pattern.

I'd seen this in a recent Country Threads magazine and put it aside to do, because possums are regular visitors to our front porch at night!

This is what I achieved today.


2 comments:

Liz in Kansas said...

Your possum's are so cute! The ones I've seen (in Texas) were pink and had little hair - really ugly. Of course, suddenly meeting one face-to-face in the predawn darkness may have something to do with my opinion of them! Your stitchery looks very good. Good, also, to hear Ken came through surgery so well.

Jane said...

This looks lovely, and a perfect project for a waiting room. Hope Ken recovers quickly