"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Coffee Cosy

Anne, one of my bloggy friends in Sydney, is a prolific cross stitcher, and knowing my passion for peacocks, last year she made a beautiful little peacock pincushion for me. Earlier she had expressed interest in a coffee cosy that I'd made for another friend, so I promised I would make one for Anne. Not knowing the size of her coffee plunger, I made a small one first, but decided I didn't like it, so it never got sent. A few months ago I thought I'd better pull the finger out and make Anne another one (although she'd probably long since given up on getting one!). Knowing her favourite colour is blue, and that she loves ducks like I love peacocks, this is what I came up with. I didn't want to say anything on my blog until she'd received it, but I got a delighted email from her the other day, so now I can post a pic.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Very pretty