"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Another lay out for tartan blocks

Thank you ladies for your comments on the previous post.  At this stage I'm still just playing with the blocks to see what happens next.  Today I finished all the blocks, and laid them out on the floor again, but in a different configuration.  After looking at the photo in the magazine, I decided to pair up all the blocks, which means (a) less sashing between them, therefore faster to finish the top., and less lining up and matching edges to do, if I'd decided to sew them together without sashing.   I could also try placing the new double blocks the other way around....back tomorrow with another photo, and a final decision.  This quilt top has to be finished long before the end of winter!

No comments: