"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oh dear...what have I got myself in for now??

The Stitchin Fingers website has got so many fascinating groups, I just have to look at most of them several times a week, to see what everyone is working on. Members of the website can join any group they like, and I joined about a dozen, but cut back on some when I realised that I just was not going to have time to participate in every activity that appealed to me. I moderate the Cross Stitchin Fingers Group, and I'm taking part in exchanges for the ATC Group and the Fabric Post cards Group. ATC stands for Artists Trading Cards, and they can be made from paper, textiles or any other media as long as it conforms to the one size - 2.5 x 3.5 inches. Here is what I've done so far: The top one with red buttons is completed, and will be on its way to someone as soon as she sends me her address! She will be sending me one of hers in return. The green ATC below that was just a WIP when this was taken, but I finished it tonight, so will take another photo. These three are paper ATCs, with some material trimming to add interest. ******************************************************************************* But not only am I working on ATCs and fabric postcards (no photo of those yet), I am seriously keen on CQ blocks, and have hundreds of ideas buzzing around in my head. All that I need is more fabrics, and here is what I bought on eBay this week: Several pieces of Japanese-style fabrics,
These two cute fabrics with sewing machines and other sewing notions, followed by matching plain fabrics.
And more teapots - aren't these gorgeous? There used to be a lot of fabrics around with teacups and teapots but it is getting harder to find, so I was delighted to find this one.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I know exactly what you mean Gina, there is so many things I'd like to do, but it's just not possible to do it all. The postcards and ATC look good.

Jane said...

PS-meant to say that fabric will be fun to work with