"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Child's sampler

This arrived from the USA today. I suppose you would call it a sampler, but it doesn't look very old. The eBay seller told me they bought it from an estate auction, and it is in good condition, so maybe it has been stored for a few years and not exposed to dirt or light. The words are in cross stitch and the little motifs around the edge are neatly embroidered. I suspect it was done for some small person but they never got around to framing it.
By the way, there are two new peacocks on my Peacock blog, and a new apron recently listed on the apron blog, for those readers who are interested in these things!

3 comments:

loulee said...

I've always thought that little bedtime prayer was a sweet way for a child to end the day. Nice find.

Chelle said...

Awww, that's so sweet! I love the bright colors.

Maggie Ann said...

Its beautiful...