"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, November 04, 2022

Sad news.

 For anyone still reading this blog, who hasn't heard from another source, my husband Ken died last week on 26th October.  He has had COPD for nearly 20 years, but the past couple of years have been hard for him, as his heart and lungs deteriorated.  He was at home having palliative care for the last few months, as I didn't want to send him to hospital or a nursing home, as I could care for him just as well at home, and he wanted to be home anyway.  While I am sad and will miss him, after 43 years of marriage, it was a bonus having him 20 years after the first heart attack, as I was told he probably wouldn't last for another year.  Also, being with him when he died peacefully, was better than in a hospital.


6 comments:

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

My sincerest condolences to you. I will keep you in my prayers. This must have been a very difficult time; but you seemed to handle the situation well. Hugs.

Pam said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. You were obviously a very devoted couple. So sad. Lucky that you have lots of friends and have resources within yourself. But I send my heartfelt sympathy. xx

Jane said...

So sorry to hear that Gina, but glad he's no longer suffering. It's amazing that you had so many 'extra' years together. Sending lots of love

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hugs and prayers to you! I am so very sorry to hear of your husband's passing. It is wonderful that you shared so many years together!

Gina E. said...

Thank you dear friends, for your responses to my post.

telko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.