"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, March 01, 2021

A good start to 2021

 I thought I had updated this blog but apparently not.  I found my mojo in January and finished two quilts.  The first one is one of the two appliqued tops made by our Quilt Shop class tutor, and given to me to finish, and donate to a bushfire recovery centre.  The first one was done and sent off, but this one sat around all last year because I didn't feel like doing anything.  When I finally finished it, so many people asked me 'why don't you keep it, it is beautiful'.  So I asked the managers at the shop as well as Leanne, and they said it was fine if I wanted to keep it.  Instead of this one, I donated one of the quilts I'd made for for the nursing home that was still in my sewing room.


The second quilt was originally for the Avicultural Society annual Christmas raffle but as there have been no meetings, there have been no fund raising raffles, so at the moment this quilt is draped over  the back of our sofa.


The origin of this project was the tiger which is done in cross stitch on black aida, with the black and brown border in cross stitch.  I found it at an opshop and couldn't bear the thought that it might end up being thrown away, so I brought it home to make into something.  I have a lot of African animal print fabrics and tried a few different arrangements, but eventually settled on this, which will be finished with black binding.  The backing fabric is a piece of animal print fabric that was just the right size with a bit of extra border.  When it is all finished I will post more photos.

I was sure I had finished another quilt in January, but can't find any photos...I have cut a bundle of fat quarters in sections ready to make up, but that won't be done for a little while because I have some stitching I want to get on with this month.


2 comments:

Sandra said...

All your quilts are wonderful. I really like each and every quilt you have shared today. The first one, I agree...I would have wanted to keep. You did an amazing job with the tiger quilt. Anxious to see the finish.

Institute of Corporate and Industrial Training said...

Enjoyed reading the article above,Very interesting,good job and thanks for sharing!!

elearning services in bangalore