"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, April 17, 2020

Fruit and veg. patchwork.

Some of the ladies on the Home Makers Forum decided to have a swap of 'care packages' to cheer ourselves up.  I made this table mat for my swap partner as she is a dedicated 'foodie' who loves to cook! I selected a bright cheerful Batik fish fabric for the back.  The design on the front was originally called 'Rainy Days' because the designer bought fabric with raindrops on it, and made it up during a spell of wet weather.  I found the pattern on the internet several years ago, but this is the first time I've made something with it. 
It's not a great example of how the design should look; other people have made it, but on bigger quilts, with the borders of each square of fabric wider than I've done here, and they look really great.
I have more of this fruity fabric in my stash, and am keen to make one for myself, but will make the black borders wider, and use more squares to make a table runner instead of a mat.


1 comment:

Linens and Royals said...

Goodness Gina I didn't check because I thought you weren't blogging any more. Now I see so much has happened to us both in the last year, I think more for you than me. Amazing how stitching is helping to keep so many people sane through these bad times though I am not a fan of blackwork I do admire the finished stitching. Keep well and keep stitching. Sylvia