"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Update on my doiley quilt.

After meticulously handstitching doilies on to three blocks, I decided that was a crazy idea, and had a go at sewing the next couple of blocks by machine.  Much faster, and looks quite neat, so that is what I will be doing for the rest of them.
Funny to think I am doing this quilt in memory of a friend who died of cancer, and now I have just been diagnosed with cancer myself :-(   However, it is in the bladder, not an aggressive cancer, and I had the tumours removed last week without any problem.  My doctor assures me that it is quite a common cancer, and most people survive for many years once it has been treated.  Maybe I'd better make another doiley quilt when I've finished this one, just in case!

6 comments:

DbrhH. said...

Machine is the only way to go,hate hand stitching. Waiting to see this quilt finished.

Linda Steele said...

Machining the blocks is definitely the way to do it. Glad to hear that your operation went well.Sewing is so therapeutic. xx

Jane said...

sorry to hear that Gina but glad to hear the op has gone well. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Pam said...

So sorry to hear this, Gina, but glad that all went well. Hope you're fighting fit soon. Nice to hear from you, anyway!

Patty said...

I'm so glad to see you're still blogging! It's like running into a long lost friend. And, I'm sorry to hear about your cancer but I am thinking good thoughts for you and hoping everything turns out well. I hope you have a speedy recovery from the operation. Going to bed now but I will be back to read your blog soon. Take care, Gina!

Wendy said...

So sorry to hear about your cancer, but am glad that surgery went well for you. Your doily quilt is looking amazing in your other posts and I am looking forward to seeing it when you complete it.