"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, May 29, 2017

Projects waiting in the wings.

Now that I have the majority of my fabric stash  sorted out, I can get on with sewing some items that have been waiting for me to find suitable bits to complete them.   Looking back at my post in April, I made an experimental block in scrap fabrics to see what the design I had chosen for the Japanese quilt might look like.  Today I added a navy blue border to match the sashing, and pulled out a dark blue and aqua fish fabric to use as the backing.  This is going to be a coffee table runner for a friend who has recently bought a holiday house near the sea, and as she doesn't sew,  I think she will like this.  If not, I'll keep it for myself - LOL!

I made a throw and two cushions for myself a while ago, and used another piece of the same animal fabric to make a rabbit cushion for a friend.  She loved it, and also liked the bear in the same design.  I'm not into bears at all really, so I am going to make this last piece into a place mat for her.


Can't remember where I got this cat fabric from - possibly the opshop, but could have been given to me by a catloving friend.  I've been meaning to do something with it for ages, and tonight I pulled some fabrics from my scraps box to preview with the cats, prior to making a table mat or runner.


So!  What is everyone else up to?

3 comments:

DbrhH. said...

The kitty kats are kute. Being a cat fabric (and other things) collector.

Jane said...

love the cat fabric and the mat looks great

RobynLouise said...

Adore that cat fabric!