"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, August 16, 2014

More small quilts.

I've just finished two more baby quilts, and made two quilt fronts, mostly from old sheets bought at opshops.  I used brushed cotton for the backing, and have never had to buy it from a retail store, as for some reason a lot of brushed cotton ends up in opshops, so I snap it up.
The cover of this green quilt is part of a sheet.  I've quilted in circles around the flowers and bound it in a plain green cotton from my stash.

Here are the three I've just finished.  The two on top are made from two different sheets. One quilt is much thicker than the the other because I've used different batting in each.  Like brushed cotton, batting (wadding) also turns up in opshops frequently, so I grab that too.  But I've just about run out of my opshop stash, and had to buy some last week!

These two flimsies are made from a floral sheet and some purple and white patchwork fabric from my stash.


4 comments:

Christine M said...

Lovely quilts, Gina.

Jane said...

They've come together quickly, great way to use sheets

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

These are adorable! How very pretty!

Joy V said...

Lovely work Gina. Great idea using sheets etc from the Op shop.