"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, February 06, 2014

Opshop tablecloths

I was over at Savers in Greensborough yesterday, looking for a microwave dish to replace one that got broken a while ago.  While I was there I had to check their manchester racks, didn't I, although I didn't expect to find anything of interest, as Savers don't seem to get much in the way of vintage linens these days.
But I was in luck this time:  I found a lovely embroidered linen cloth and a chicken scratch gingham.   These photos were taken before they've been washed and ironed, so the cloths aren't looking their best, but good enough for a pic.



I received an email from my cousin Yaso this morning, with two photos she'd taken of the natives in PNG with some of the quilts we sent over.  I'll be posting them on the PNG blog shortly, after I've got her permission to use them.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah Savers, I miss the Frankston branch that closed down last year. I'm always checking out tablecloths in oppys

Jane said...

Love the top one

GardenOfDaisies said...

Ooooh, I love the chicken scratch cloth!