"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Linens from Lee Ann.

Our friends Lee Ann and Rob visited us on Monday and we enjoyed a very pleasant day with them. We hadn't seen them for over a year (apart from Ken's Mum's funeral which wasn't the right time for a lengthy catch up), so we had a lovely talk over lunch, after which we took them up to Sugarloaf Reservoir for afternoon tea. Lee Ann manages an opshop and keeps an eye out for linens for me. Here are some of the items she presented me with on Monday. She also brought aprons, but I've posted those on my Aprons blog.


If anyone reading this can translate the writing on this lovely redwork piece, I would greatly appreciate any information!

Another chicken scratch gingham cloth for my collection!

This  uncut child's apron is printed on pink fabric and didn't photograph well.

Aussie doiley with cockatoo design.  I have an unworked set of three pieces in my collection of duchess sets, and am pleased to have a finished version.

4 comments:

Annie said...

It's so nice that you have 'scouts' always thinking of you to add to your collection. Love the redwork piece.

Lyndel said...

oh lovely pieces, Gina. I think the Redwork is stunning, and the language may be Hungarian, sorry I cant translate

Pear tree cottage! said...

We had a truly lovely day with you and Ken and wish it could happen m0ore often......we re heading out on Saturday for our "big ship adventure" so will tell you all about it when we get home. hugs Lee-Ann

Joanne said...

Gina, I ran it through an online translator (as best as I could interpret the letters) and Hungarian is correct. The literal and still slightly confusing translation is:
"The cooking competition is not remained in the via my kitchen is out of the bowl shalt straightway" Intriguing.