"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Cute pincushion donut!

I saw the pattern for this felt donut in a book at the Guild a few months ago, and J - one of my colleagues there agreed with me that it was too cute to ignore! So we took copies of the pattern (I know, naughty) and joked about who was going to make it first. A few weeks ago I saw a similar pattern in Handmade Magazine, and remembered the photocopy I'd filed away. I compared them and decided to make the Handmade pattern first. There is a matching cupcake, but I didn't have enough felt to do that last night when I made the donut. I wanted to show J today but she wasn't on duty, so it will have to wait until next year. By then I plan to have made a few more donuts as well as cupcakes, as I bought enough felt today to make a whole tray of them!




6 comments:

Melody said...

Very very cute and not fattening at all

Christine M said...

It's good to have low calorie donut!

Gina E. said...

LOL! I'll make you some for Christmas!

Annie said...

Super-cute! Eat all you want!

Liz in Kansas said...

Yum yum! Just what the doctor ordered!

DIAN said...

I love this - the colours are great.