"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Skills Sampler Block 19

I didn't do the previous four blocks because I wasn't keen on the designs or the method used to make them (paper piecing). But now we are working with applique, and that is right up my alley. Leila has named this block "Orange Windows" - probably because her example had more orange than other colours. I used up odd scraps of any coloured fabric that I had in my stash, so I can't call it Orange Windows! I'm sure I've seen this pattern elsewhere, but I don't know what the name of it is.

3 comments:

Jane said...

looks good. Still have mine to do

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

This is really pretty and such a good block design! blessings,Kathleen

Wendy said...

This is a pretty block....your package should have been there by now...my postal worker said it should have arrived in 6 to 7 days....maybe I should remail?