"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, April 18, 2011

Australasian Quilt Convention Melbourne.

Today (Sunday) I went to the Quilt convention with my friend Cheryl. I had about $90 in my wallet, and was determined not to spend any more than that; considerably less hopefully. Well. Pigs might fly. Backwards. Not only did I come home with an empty wallet, but the credit card is considerably higher than it was yesterday : - ( But what a great day we had!! Cheryl and I always argue (not really) over who pays for what, and it boils down to whoever is quicker at the cash register! She marched up to the ticket booth and bought two tickets before I even got there. But when we stopped for coffee I pushed in front of her and paid for our snacks. At the parking paystation, she had the card in her hand and a $20 bill, but it was $24, so I whipped out $4 and put it in the machine. So we kind of shared the cost of being at the convention...
She had excellent control over her wallet, and only bought a couple of items. I had a shopping list of things I wanted for particular projects, and I had no trouble finding them. It was all the extras that did the damage - fabrics, cute buttons, craft glue that is designed to use with paper napkins, and a pack of that fabric paper stuff that you put in your computer printer to print photos on fabric. I need that to make a memory quilt for another friend. But that's another story (see my 'Birthday' post shortly on my other blog). The highlight of the day had to be the Quilt display. As always, I was absolutely blown away. I took heaps of photos, and have posted them on a separate blog here. In the meantime, this is what I bought.
Two raffle tickets for a stunning quilt which I forgot to photograph just in case.
The photo fabric paper stuff.
The special craft glue for paper napkins projects.
Buttons for future projects that I have in mind.
Super-cute kitty fabric!
Japanese fabric that I probably would not have bought, but I needed to use my credit card to buy some stuff for $13, and the stall holder said their minimum EFTPOS sale was $20, so I had to find something else to add to my purchase to make up the total to over $20. (I'd run out of cash by this time).
And these are the fabrics I needed for specific projects.
Blissful browsing! And there's a couple more of these craft fairs coming up this year...

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds like you two had a wonderful time... Look forward to seeing the extra stash layers...

Annie said...

Well that looks like tons of fun! Looks like you got some good stuff. I adore those buttons that look like little dresses!

Linens and Royals said...

What a successeful day you had and I love the buttons.
It,s funny when you go out with a friend and there is always a tussle over money. Often ends in a race to see who can get their money out first.

Liz in Kansas said...

Yum! Looks like you got more than your money's worth. After all, one can always use more fabric! Love those buttons, too!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Love the fabric, and the buttons are too cute. Don't you hate it when stores put a minimum amount on eftpos, I always get caught at the post office.